Please help before I throw it away! "Loading PBR for descriptor 2...done"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LALEXANDER98

My mother's computer is a Dell Dimension 2400.(out of warranty) When I turn the computer on it stops at a black screen and says "Loading PBR for descriptor 2...done" "A disk read error has occurred" Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". CAD only restarts and takes me back to this exact spot. I have tried F2 and F12 (probably didn't do what I needed to) and nothing helped. I also tried Ctrl+11 to restore factory settings and it stopped in the middle and canceled. I understand this may be a hd issue, but would like any and all other possible options first. I am not worried about losing data, I just want my mom to have a working computer.
Thanks in advance,
Lynn

LALEXANDER98

The restore doesn't work and I can't get into windows. I was able to run diagnostics tests. IDE Disk S/N = S00JJ20Y636937 failed the confidence test, read test, and verify test and got these:

error code: 0F00:0244
error code: 0F00:1A44
error code: 0F00:1344
error code: 0F00:131B

The tests on the CDRW, processor, system board, system management, system memory, video, cables, USB, keyboard, ports, all passed.

Any idea what this means?

Thanks,
Lynn

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online