1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please HELP!! Browser trouble,Not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fleurdeliz, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fleurdeliz

fleurdeliz Thread Starter

I believe I was running IE7, My husband downloaded IE8 but the computer froze on restart, Laptop unresponsive so he unplugged it. My browser opens, but has no tool/option bars, When I try to download ie7 or ie8 to reinstall, nothing happens and some other stuff is off too. Not sure what to do......

2. kniht

kniht

Have you tried a system restore to a point before the download of IE8?

3. fleurdeliz

The only restore point it would let me access said that it was prior to the ie8 download, about an hour or so before the download was initiated, but after system restore I cannot even tell which version I am using. I get an address bar across the top that looks as follows from left to right: left/right arrow buttons, address bar, refresh button, stop button, search box, magnifying glass/search tool. Thats it. no tool bar with any options of any kind. The bottom right corner bears a zoom glass, it used to allow me to choose the zoom level by number/%, now it zooms automatically when I click. Not sure what to do to get it back the way it was. Thanks in advance.

4. kniht

kniht

Right click on an empty area below the address bar. A context menu should open. Click on 'Menu Bar'. To see what version you have click on 'Help' then select 'About Internet Explorer'.

The magnifying glass at the bottom should have a down arrow next to it. Click on this arrow to select the magnification you want.

5. fleurdeliz

This is what makes me believe the browser either installed incorrectly or incompletely...When I right click the only options are minimize, restore, or close. Additionally most of the time nothing happens at all when I right click, when I go to use the drop down arrow for the zoom, nothing happens. I attempted to re-download ie7 from the microsoft site, when I do, it goes straight to the "thank you for downloading" page but never downloads(that I know of) no run/save box appears.....any ideas.. I am increasingly flustered.....

6. fleurdeliz

another point of interest as far as the browser goes, the title bar has no title, minimized or maximized. shows the explorer logo in the corner, but no page name......

7. kniht

kniht

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice