1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help! bsod irql less or not equal - ntoskrnl.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ubamous3, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

hi

i know this has happened to a gazillion of you but so far i havent seen as many resolved cases except a reformat; well, this is the third time i have reformatted win2k on 3 different HD, so i ' m really believing it's something else and not HD related (WD n Maxtor are off the hook now lol)

i'm giving a little background so that it might help you guys decipher the cause. i have a amd 2ghz with 1 gig of ddr ram; i just installed a 600W psu b/c i was told the earlier one migh not be powerful enuf;i have 160 gig seagate alone on IDE1; on IDE2, i have sony dru530 dvd burner as master and sony cdr burner as slave
    connected to the ultra ata pci card, i have 3 HD (which i dont think it's relevant in this particular example)

ok, i installed win2k with sp3 fine n then i installed stomp recordnow v4.5; didnt need to burn anything until a few days later; but when i burned, it only allowed me to select the cdr burner as the recording device instead of either burner; then i tried changing the letter of the drives in MMC but still wont recognize it; so i did a reboot and after the reboot, i get the bsod about irql not less or equal, blah blah and then ntoskrnl.exe

so i booted into safemode with networking and it booted fine; i changed the drive letters back to originally and reboot but no luck
    i tried reboot with option to use last known good configuration but still no luck
    i tried uninstalling recordnow while in safe mode but woultn allow me to; i can't print while i'm in safe mode but i could browse the lan and the net.

it printed the 64k minidumps but i can't understand it or know any debugging tools that will just extract garbage and giv me the pertinent info about the crash; i had asked 1 member here to help me read the dumps but havent heard back fromhim; either he's been busy or that the mail never got to him

so if anyone has tools to read the minidump logs, please help me

lsat night, i tried running the windows memory tester n it ran for a good 5 hours w/o problems so i stopped it; after reboot, it still gave me the bsod AND for some reason, the F8 dont work no more! :( i tried it on 2 diff. keyboards so now i cnat even get tothe safe mode! :(

plesae help me, my heros

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/263964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice