PLEASE HELP!!!! BSOD on WINXP!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jgc77

I have a:
-Pentium III
-667 MHz CPU
-512 MB of ram
-Windows XP
-ATI Radion 7000 Video card
-Linksys Ethernet card

Hi Everyone,

I was just playing a Madden 2003 when the game stopped and I got the following BSOD message:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0xBFA0B67E, 0xEF615A34, 0x00000000)

ATI3D1AG.DLL - address BFA0B67E base as BF9E0000
Date Stamp: 3E0136C1

From the ATI line, I am relatively sure this BSOD is linked to my ATI Radeon 7000 video card. WHAT DO I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM?????????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Mark

Del

Is your game Win XP compatible?
Has this happened more then once?

jgc77

This is the first time I ever received this BSOD. The game is winXP compatible as well.

Del

Well, I would wait and see if it happens again. You know Window, strange things happen. It may never happen again, if it does then I would start trying to figure it out.

jgc77

Del,

While I have never received this BSOD, the computer has shut off randomly in the past. I am inclined to think that this is all a result of my video card - perhaps the driver didnt install correctly. Is there a way to un-install the video driver and then re-install it?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi jgc77,
You are on the right track. Try looking here
It references the nvidia card but I think it may be of some help.

jgc77

Thanks TW. I will try out Microsoft's suggestions when I get back from the office :cool:

Mark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online