Please help, Can no longer open certain pages online

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

energy4142

Can anyone help me. Something has happened with my ability to open certain windows when I am on-line. I was assuming that it was a firewall or security problem, but when I check it, it says I am on the medium settings yet I stil can't do what I want to do. For example, I have RealArcade on my computer, but when I try to open it up it just says "connecting" and never connects. When I go into my bank account, it asks me to log in and after the log in is accepted, it just says constantly "retrieving data" and never actually opens the page. I can go to a site but when I click on the linking pages, they never open. Just like the smilies on this site, when I click on one to add to this dialogue, it never happens. I am confused, because it was working fine up until last Wednesday. I am running windows xp.

Thanks
Kurt

energy4142

Dust Sailor said:
Hi Energy Welcome to TSG :D What browser are you using ??

I use Internet Explorer by verizon, Msn is what I use with the verizon dsl. If that is what you mean by browser.

Yes that is what I meant Kurt If you were using Firefox you may have had trouble accesing some security sites and Microsoft updates .

Go here http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

Download Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware Se UPDATE them both and do a scan getting rid of all they find

Do a scan with Housecall and Panda

After doing ALL the above

Download Hijack This 1.99.0 Do a scan and post the log here please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online