Please Help, Can't access a specific Website

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Maximus55

Hello. I do not know much about internet connections so please use layman terms. All I know is that one of my favorite websites can't be accessed by my home computer. The website is whimit . I know for a fact it can be accessed from other places. I run on windows XP with Time Warner Roadrunner connection. I tried deleting history IE files as well as Cookies, and no help. I also tried accessing via Firefox to no use. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TSG :)

Do you get any error messages / error number appear? This will help us determine what the problem is.

Thanks,
Dan

Maximus55

No error messages, basically it comes up as the server is down, which is what I intially thought until I found out that other people are able to access the site just fine.

hmmm, ok. If you click Start > Run > type in 'command' then press 'ok'. Then in the black DOS window, type ping <the domain name you are trying to access> (eg. microsoft.com). Does the ping resolve the name to an IP? If so, do you get replys?

(Hopefully this makes sense :p)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online