1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PLEASE HELP!!! Computer automatically logs off!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by suhaillooji, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suhaillooji

suhaillooji Thread Starter

Please help,
    Something is wrong with my computer but i dont what. I will tell you what happens.
    My operating system first of all is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2, Computer: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.21GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM. This is what i found out from the my computer and then properties. I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 and just recently scan the full computer and deleted all viruse that were there but the computer still gives problem. Here is the problem: I use a p2p software and i download stuff and to be more specific, i use Utorrent. So i add some torrent and leave the computer on. After i come after several hours, i see the computer is logged off and i have to log in again. I have 2 users. This happens now all the time. This has never happened so i don't know why that happens but it is really annoying because my download stops and i have to log in and resume.
    To make it better, i even revised the computer to one week earlier but that did not help, nor did scanning and deleting all the viruses.. When ever i am using the computer that doesn't happen, only when i am not using and then come after several just to find that my computer is logged off. PLEASE HELP. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You

2. Bloodbadge

Bloodbadge

Hi there.
    Sorry you have not received any replies yet.
    I am not ignoring you, but I simply don't know what this problem persists.

However, I could offer one method that MAY eliminate the problem, if you're interested?
    You could try and secure all the files from the other user accounts (i.e. copying the 'My Documents' from other user accounts onto yours, temporarily). Delete the other user accounts so that there is only one Windows user account (yours), and make sure that you have removed the log-in password.
    Check to see what happens now? It would have no reason to go to the log in screen...
    After this, try re-creating the other user accounts, copy their files back onto their user space, and see if this eliminates the problem.
    Basically, a refresh. Sometimes Windows will set user accounts into certain modes, to prevent stupid things like 'unnecessary power-usage'.

3. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger

I strongly recommend that you ditch the torrent software. You can get lots of nasty stuff though that kind of app.
    Also this forum frowns on the use of p2p software so you may not get much help here.

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Site rules prohibit help with P2P problems. But for your logoff problem, your screensaver may be logging you off. On the screensaver setup make sure "On resume, display Welcome screen" is not checked.

5. suhaillooji

Thanks, i dont want any help for the p2p, only for the logoff problem. I have tried the Frank4d method and yes "On resume, display Welcome screen" it was checked, i have unchecked it and i will see what happens. If it still doesn't i will try BloodBadge method.. Thanks alot. If it works, i will mark the problem as solved,
    Thank you once again

6. suhaillooji

Ok, The Frank4d method clearly did not work but thanks anyways. I have tried Bloodbadge method and lets see what happens. Thanks for the help

7. Bloodbadge

Bloodbadge

ok, good luck :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice