Please Help. Computer Blue Screen of Death.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

derekmarc

Ok, so about a month or so back I started getting the blue screen of death crash. I've never before have had that happen to me on any other computer, seriously.

It happens sporadically and the STOP: information is always different. From BAD POOL CALLER to IRQL NOT EQUAL... ETC.

I have a HP Pavilion with an Intel 2 core.

So two days ago I decided to just recover back to factory settings because I couldn't figure out the problem. I thought that would help.

It hasn't and still does the same thing as before.

Please help.

This is usually a sign of some bad sticks of RAM. You can either run memtest86 (www.memtest86.com), which I recommend or you can use the built in memory checker in Vista. At bootup just hit f8 to bring up the boot menu and select "Windows Memory Diagnostic"

derekmarc

I ran the Vista Windows Memory Diagnostic and it detected no problems.

So now what do I do?

derekmarc

In the last two hours I've gotten blue screens with SPBBCDRV.SYS and PCIIDEX.SYS in them.

STOP: OXOOOOOOF7

Also... ADDRESS 8F28962C base at 8F276000 DATESTAMP 46209F6C

derekmarc

Please. my job depends on my computer. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

well the most common universial solution to all problem is getting a reformat and reinstall the operating system but since you have a job that depends on it, you could make a drive partition to save all your work there, so the reformatting process wont erase the data on the partition. as for programs that you might use on the computer, some will work after reformatting but others might not.

im not saying you should reformat, im just stating, its a choice. however, if the BSODs are related to hardware-side then thats completely story.

EDIT: reformat & reinstalling the operating system requries the operating system CD and cd-key.

well I am not 100% sure but one of the file he mentions in the bsod belongs to the symantec anti-virus products. This file is mentioned also by other people on the internet of causing issues with vista.

If he provided the memory dump files that would definitely help further isolate the problem if the norton av removal does not work.

i see, also i deleted my previous post since i realized you came up with that conclusion since the file he mentioned was may be in fault.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
I'd be willing to bet my paycheck on Symantec, again... :rolleyes:

Can you post a few of your latest minidump files? They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

derekmarc

I uninstalled Symantec.

As for the DMP files, I can't copy them/don't know how to.

Every thing I try gives me a "Access Denied."

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Try copying the minidump files to another location, like your desktop. Then, right-click > Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online