1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please HELP! Computer Freezes!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Slooch, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Slooch

Slooch Thread Starter

Hello, everyone please help me with a problem I have, and I could just use some input to whats going on...

My computer Freezes on most of my new games that I play now... Trying to play Scrym, and it the random freezing is really getting on my nerves....

So this is what I have tried on my computer to solve this issue

1.) Reformatted, Still Freezes in my games
    2.) Water cooled my GPU, thought it was overheating, nope, STILL FREEZES
    3.) Thinking its my RAM now at this point, so im going to replace my ram with new/used ones, and give that a go....

Any help would greatly be appreciated. THANKS!

2. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

Scrym? I haven't heard of this, unless you mean Skyrim.

I've just replied to another fellow having issues with this game and I'll repeat some of what I posted. Skyrim is new, simple. There will be multiple performance issues until they are addressed by the developers. Wait for the patches...

If this issue is occurring on other games then we'll try to help you out.

If the issue IS only with Skyrim, I wouldn't bother fiddling with your PC. :)

3. Slooch

Slooch Thread Starter

Yes, well, as I already said, my computer freezes just about all the time in any game, and as of today I have installed new RAM, and it STILL FREEZES!!!

4. Slooch

Slooch Thread Starter

OK I got a blue screen yesterday in a game for the first time...
    I didn't get a chance to write it down, but hey its something different then freezing...

I am beginning to think its my cpu now? maby its overheating??

5. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

You could well be right.. Only one way to find out. :)

Download HWMonitor from here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Install it & run...

Take a screenshot of hwmonitor while the computer is on the desktop without any programs running. And while the computer is under stress, running a game. Then post them here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice