1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help...Computer freezes!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kamakazze15, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamakazze15

kamakazze15 Thread Starter

Ok well i have a systemax... When i turn the computer on sometimes it loads and before it even gets to windows, the monitor just liek goes into sleep mode. I dont think its a setting, and if it is, i cant change it because the computer freezes or the monitor just goes...ANY HELP!!!

Thanx in advance

2. Rache

Rache Banned

We'll need some more info, like what operating system etc.

If it goes into 'safemode' (?) it's likely a conflicting driver, as safemode doesn't load any drivers.

It's worth doing a thoro' scandisc in safemode with auto fix unchecked, and this will tell you where there may be probs.

If this doesn't work you'll have to go the slow route and disable hardware one by one until you find the culprit. or see under Device manager if there's any yellow ?'s which means a driver is corrupted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice