1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Please Help...Computer Keeps Shutting Itself Down

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by wiz3, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiz3

wiz3 Thread Starter

Windows 7 Ultimate
    Malwarebite Antivirus

I'll do my best to keep this as short as possible. I am using my laptop to post this message. A couple nights ago, out of nowhere, my desk top computer just shut off. I turn it on and about 17 minutes later it shuts off again. So I google the problem and it says things could be over heating. So, I clean the fans and inside the case, start it up and go to the efi bios and check the temperature of the processor and motherboard. Both were good so I exit and start windows. It shuts down again. This time I start it in safe mode and run an antivirus. It finds one file and then it deleted that file. I start windows again. This time 20 minutes passes and it shuts off, again. Once again, I start it safe mode and run the antivirus. A couple minutes into running the antivirus in safe mode my computer shuts off. Now, safe mode isn't safe. Instead of the approximately 17 minutes I had in the beginning to try to find this virus, I am now down to less than 5 minutes before it shuts down. I desperately need help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice