1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help! Computer not turning on anymore!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bclomas, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bclomas

Bclomas Thread Starter

I’m wondering if anyone can help...

A week ago I turned on my computer, as Windows started to load the desktop screen it was taking much longer than usual and failed to load up all my start up programs. After waiting 5 minutes I restarted the computer and the same error continued. I tried to boot it up in safe mode, it booted up and loaded all start up programs, I tried again in the normal mode and the start up programs weren’t loading and very slow. It then started showing me the blue screen message on start up which I have a photo of if you need. Then I turned it off. Left it for a few days and now it doesn’t turn on at all. I’ve tested the power supply and it’s fully functional.

What do you think could be the problem? And how much would you charge to fix?

Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Based on your total lack of details, I highly doubt it.

You have not told us ...

1) The manufacturer and full model number of your computer.

2) What version of Windows is running on the computer.

3) The full text(s) of the blue screen error message(s).

4) How you tested the power supply to confirm it is fully functional.

We are all volunteers here helping each other as best we can when we can. There is no charge for this. If you find the site helpful, you can donate money to help keep it running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice