1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help Computer Screen is turning grey

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cblack28, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cblack28

cblack28 Thread Starter

This happens several times a day. Up until the other night, it onl happened when the computer is idle. While my son was typing up a report it happened. He ended up losing 6 pages of work. We clicked every button, checked every cable, nothing worked. We had to push the off button on the front of the tower to get it to unfreeze. I thought that maybe it was the hibernation thingy but I disabled that and it is still doing it. We are having another problem with it as well. When we try to hook anything (ipod, psp) up to the USB port on the front of the tower, we get a message saying that the device is not recognized. Any Clues for either problem? Thanks in advance!

2. ggogeta

ggogeta

I,ve got the same problem... Screen turns completely grey when on idle. I've been able to put it in hibernation using only the keyboard, and ten waked up the computer, and here I am typing on this forum.

what the heck?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice