1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help have 6 viruses

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bbyboop1977, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbyboop1977

bbyboop1977 Thread Starter

I just ran RAV AntiVirus Scan and it came up saying that I had 6 viruses. This is what it found.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6FHFMHYW\SI3[1].CHM->/si3.htm->(SCRIPT0001) - JS/Psyme.C* -> Suspicious
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CORFE6Y7\greendayauthority[1].htm->(SCRIPT0008) - JS/Loding.B* -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G9ILMT0T\SI1[1].CHM->/si1.htm->(SCRIPT0001) - JS/Psyme.C* -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KXQBW5EB\SI2[1].CHM->/si2.htm->(SCRIPT0001) - JS/Psyme.C* -> Suspicious
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SLY7OH2B\index[8].htm->(SCRIPT0002) - JS/Inor.M* -> Infected
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\tropm0.dll - TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rameh.B -> Infected
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ud3rT0n5.dll - TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rameh.A -> Infected
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\xasex.dll - PWS:Win32/Montp -> Infected
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\xasui.dll - PWS:Win32/Montp -> Infected

Scanned
    ============================
    Objects: 96534
    Directories: 4610
    Archives: 17967
    Size(Kb): -3687
    Infected files: 7

Found
    Viruses found: 6
    Suspicious files: 2
    Disinfected files: 0
    Mail files: 193

What do I do know. Do I hit the report button. Will it take care of the viruses and the infected files. Thanks

2. raybro

raybro

I am not familiar with RAV, but what I would suggest you run a couple of online virus scans for verification.

Go Here ] to do an online virus scan with HouseCalls:

Be sure and put a check in the box by "Auto Clean" before you do the scan. If it finds anything that it cannot clean have it delete it or make a note of the file location so you can delete it yourself.

Go Here to run Panda virus scan.

This may give you more info about your situation.

3. bbyboop1977

running Housecalls now...thanx

4. bbyboop1977

okay ran housecall and it found
    Worm bizex.b C:\WINDOWS\system32\xasex.dll - PWS:Win32/Montp
    Worm bizex.b C:\WINDOWS\system32\xasui.dll - PWS:Win32/Montp
    JS. INOR.M C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

I deleted the temporary internet files will that take care of the JS. INOR.M one

Which came up as Non Cleanable.

Now what do I do?

5. raybro

raybro

Can I assume HouseCalls cleaned out the first 2 items?

Open your TIF folder and see if the JS. INOR.M is gone. Find your TIF folder by opening Internet Options > General tab. Under the TIF heading, click the Settings button . The location of the TIF folder will be shown there.

Run HouseCalls again and see if you are clean. If so, run your resident AV prog (RAV) and see what it says now.

I would also recommend you run the Panda scan too. Can't get to much info about virus.

6. bbyboop1977

Okay running scans now. Is there also a scan that you can do to see if there are in keyloggers.

7. bbyboop1977

okay housecall and panda came up empty. but then I ran RAV again and it found 2

Scanning memory...
    Scanning boot sectors...
    Scanning files...
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\tropm0.dll - TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rameh.B -> Infected
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ud3rT0n5.dll - TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rameh.A -> Infected

Scanned
    Objects: 72644
    Directories: 4624
    Archives: 17955
    Size(Kb): -175682
    Infected files: 2

Found
    Viruses found: 2
    Suspicious files: 0
    Disinfected files: 0
    Mail files: 146

How do I get rid of this 2 viruses. Thanks

8. bbyboop1977

Can I just go into the folders and delete them?

9. raybro

raybro

Two more scans to try.

Go Here to run a Symantec virus scan.

Go Here and run the Trojan Scan.

10. bbyboop1977

okay running scans now. will be back with the results. thanks

11. bbyboop1977

okay ran both and they both found nothing. So why is it that every other virus scan I did didn't find anything except for the RAV scan. What should I do know? Thanks

12. raybro

raybro

I cannot give you a qualified answer as I'm not familiar with RAV. But, IMHO, if you are clean with all those online scans and your system is running OK, I wouldn't be to concerned.

I did a search in the Symantec KBase and Kaspersky for Rameh.A and Rameh.B and found nothing. You could delete the files and leave them in the Recycle Bin for a while to see how things go.

13. bbyboop1977

I went in and found them in the folder and had Norton scan the two of them and norton said that they were both adware. so I deleted them. I ran some other scans and every single one came up empty. So thank you for the help. Problem solved.

I ran RAV again and it came up empty.

14. raybro

raybro

COOL!!! (y)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice