Please help having trouble with my computer and my usb port 2.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VeryUpsetAlexis

Okay so, I need to download music onto my ipod touch from itunes but everytime I plug it in it tells me that my device could perform better if I got a hi-speed usb port....And that is exactly what I did, I finally bought one and plugged it in to my computer...When I plug in the ipod touch it still says the same thing even though I have the hi-speed USB port 2.0....Can somebody PLEASE HELP ME?

dustyjay

Jay
Do you have a model number for the Computer? A White Compaq doesn't tell us much except that it may be an older Compaq.

dustyjay

Jay
According to HP/Compaq the model number you posted is for a Flat Panel monitor. There should be a Model number on the front of the Computer case.

VeryUpsetAlexis

That is the model number, when you say front of the computer case are your referring to the box that the computer came in?

dustyjay

Jay
On the front of the Computer "the part the cd goes in" there should be a model number. On Dells it is frequently right near the Power Switch. Like Dimension 3000, or something like that. May be Optiplex or Inspiron but you would have to look to find out.

dustyjay

Jay
That is a very old dell computer. And is not likely to USB2.0 integrated. When you installed the High Speed USB adapter, you would have also had to install drivers for it. Did it come with a drivers disk?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I think the poster purchased a USB hub and connected it to the existing USB ports. If that's the case, it won't solve the problem. The hub works at the speed of the ports its connected to.

dustyjay

Jay
@ VeryUpset Alexis. Is the High Speed USB port you plugged in just plugged into the old USB Port on the computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online