1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help, i am panicing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by aellis127, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aellis127

aellis127 Thread Starter

I came home last night and got back on my laptop. When I turned it on some message came on after I put in my password, something about programs, then my screen came up with all my icons. My background pic that I had was gone, it was now Gateway, (like it reset itself), so I went into my pictures to reset it and all my Pictures, documents, etc.. are gone. I have no idea how to retrieve them. I did a full virus scan, and there is no viruses, etc on it, so can anyone please tell me whats going on? Another thing that I noticed is everytime I turn my laptop off, and turn it back on, everything I did as far as changing my homepage is gone as well, even all the sites I just visited,like it keeps resetting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on Hemo Dialysis and live off of SSI, so I cannot afford to take it in to anyone, so I'm praying it's something that someone on here can walk me through. Thanks in advance for any help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice