1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help i have disconnected my screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twinny24, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twinny24

twinny24 Thread Starter

I connected my VGA cable from my laptop to my TV, when i tried to disconnect it to get back my normal screen resolution i accidentally clicked disconnect screen and ever since then my laptop is stuck on a black screen, i cant even see anything on the TV cos i disconnected that to.

I am currently working in safe mode so when i tried a system restore it said i have no restore points, please help me i cant stay in safe mode forever.

I have been trying to get help all last night and today and no one is helping......Im desperate :(

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Welcome to TSG Twinny24!
    Sometimes pressing FN/F7 allows you to toggle through different viewing preferences. Press FN, then F7 and wait a few seconds. If nothing happens try it again. Make sure to wait a few seconds in between toggling to give it enough time to set up. If this doesn't work, possibly your laptop doesn't use this toggle method.
    In that case we need to know the brand and laptop type.

Good luck!

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    That depends on the type of computer you're using. For example on my toshiba laptop Fn+F7 changes the screen brightness, and it is Fn+F5 that changes screen selection.

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

If it's the Asus you have in your settings, it's Fn + F8.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice