1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help I"ve fallin and I can get up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by return, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. return

return Thread Starter

:( Please help!!!I got a HP Pavillion 6830 computer with no sound coming out of the headphones at all..I tryed installing all kinds of audio software.I even have a recovery disk but it wont work on the model of my computer:confused: Anyone with a recovery disk for this model and needs a hp pavillion 6630 recovery cd for exchange please contact me...Sorry just had to pit that in:rolleyes: Anyways under my system tray under multimedia i only have two drives in there.The frist is the game port and the second is a mid 401 file...but under other devices I get a yellow and black error..I try uninstalling them restarting the computer and again removing them but it still comes out PCI mutimedia audio device Code 28and pci system Management bus Code 28 errors..What am i doing wrong?:confused: Please if anyone can help me or even tell me what kind of sound card drivers i need it would mean the world to me if you can help me in my time of crises...OH oops almost forgot i am under wins 98 since the origanal Recovery Cd wasn"t the one i that came with the computer i just installed wins 98..

2. n2gun

n2gun

There are three different 6830 models, CN, KR, and MX. Do you know which yours is?

What version of windows are you running?

3. TLBoyscout

TLBoyscout

I recently got a HP 6830 KR and I'm looking to all of the drivers that would have came on the install disks. I was wondering if any one had a zipped copy of the disk so I could get drivers of it. I'm running Win 98.

Thanks

4. winbob

winbob

Almost anything you want, except Sex....oh wait a minute, forget that...can be found on the WWW. So few of us seem to remember that :rolleyes:

Googling words like: hp 6830 kr drivers

get you interesting results!!! I eventually found a well known site, Driverguide.com!

Check it out: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=86995

This is for the Sound Driver for the HP6830 KR. Once you register at the site you can look for any other drivers you may need :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice