please help, im gettin fustrated!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aisukuriimu

heylooooo
i got a new pc for my bday which was about 2 days ago at the time of this post!
im a games freak lol, n i love the sims n stuff but when i tryed loading it in, it kept freezing at the same points over and over again! eventually it just worked, after me trying to install it about 5 fives (no eggageration).(n)

Im now tryin to load simcity 4 in, and the first cd works fine n when it gets to 'insert disk 2' it totally just freezes! :'(

id really appriciate some help if anyone has experienced and resolved the situation on their own or if someone just konws what to do!! pleeese help, or im gonna hav 2 go in2 anger management or sumfink :confused:

Drew!

It appears you have recieved an unstable machine as a gift. Was this from a big name manufacturer like Dell or Gateway or was it custom built? Please list the specs like CPU, Motherboard, Ram, Video card, Power supply.

aisukuriimu

:confused: lol! i really dont have a clue about the specs! it was from dell yeah so i didnt expect it to be amazing, but it does everythin else perfectly! eek
ill find out sum specs but is there enything else that i can do in the meanwhile?:cool:

aisukuriimu

aww thanks a lot dude! ill download it when i can figure out the site haha...im not stupid...really.:cool:

ill keep ya posted :D

my old CD RW was freezing up with some disks, and not with others, for example I could install disk 1 of Rome total war, and then when I put in disk 2, it would freeze up

thought the game was bad and I was going to go get it exchanged, but then I realized that some (not most) of my other disks were starting to have the same problem, all of a sudden I couldnt install my Battlefield 1942 either, and the odd data disk would freeze as well, but call of duty, and many other games would install just fine

try a different disk drive, thats what I did, and now all my disks work fine with the new drive, guess the old one was just getting bad, it now sits on the floor beside my desk, till I throw it out or put it away

if this is a new machine. call india, i mean Dell and ask them what's up, if that doesn't work, compare the system requirements on the boxes or websites against the system you want to install it on. If you don't meet those requirements it could possably be y, I'm not sure if that's the case though. What kind of shape r those CDs in? Maybe they're dirty or scratched up. try putting a music cd in and playing it. A movie and watching it and so on to see if things are working like that. That will usally give you some indication that the drive is bad.

aisukuriimu

argh my problem id that it plays my CDs, it plays DVDs, it did load the sims eventually...i guess, but it just wont load simcity grr
i dont have a clu whats up coz my bro has a pc thats pretty much exactly the same and his works perfectly!:confused: im gonna call dell soon argh!

I would say it's probably a compatibility thing with the type of CD material used and your CD drive. That, or the CD's are scratched up or something. Has your brother installed the game recently, or has it been installed for a while? Check the CD's and make sure there's no scratches on them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online