1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PLEASE HELP. im having internet speed issues

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dalearyous, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalearyous

dalearyous Thread Starter

i just signed up for cable internet and when it was first hooked up it worked fine. now its running very slow. browsing and downloading isn't bad but def. not as fast as it used to be. in games even if its a low ping server my lag is through the roof. it wasn't this way a few days ago. my ping used to be always under 50 in games like Call of Duty, now its usually 100-300. i went to dslreports.com and tested my connection and it came out with 1012 down and 258 up. whats going on?

im perfectly aware of viruses and spyware. i have norton 2004 systemworks and it hasn't found any viruses and i doubt its spyware. i just reinstalled windows like 2 days ago and immediately put service pack 2 and norton on before i hooked it up to the internet

edit* i ran spysweeper with the latest defs. and it only found 1 spyware: browservillage sidebar

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice