1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help - Language Pack Issue with SP1

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PnD, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PnD

PnD Thread Starter

I am running windows Vista Ultimate x32. i Recently re-formatted my computer and now i am trying to update to Service pack 1 (as i have just purchased Microsoft Office 2010, which needs SP1 & SP2 to run) I have tried numerous times through windows update however it says it has installed but does not actually install. I also installed all other option updates listed under Windows Vista, and then tried again to install SP1, which did not work.
    So i have downloaded the service pack manually and when i tried to install it i got the following message:
    "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 could not be installed because the language of windows vista you have installed is not supported or you have installed a language pack that is not supported. Windows Service Pack 1 can only be installed on computers the English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish versions of windows vista or computers running only those languages.

As i said i recently formatted my computer and i am sure i installed the english version (especially as i am seeing everything in english) however i am not sure how to check or how to check if i have accidently installed some other language pack that could be effecting it.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. pip22

pip22

Have a look in Control Panel > Programs & Features which lists all the software you or the PC manufacturer have installed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!