Please help me ! DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wxsx

So I had two Window's on my computer. I wanted to remove every single application, every single thing, including OS systems and re-install them.
So I downloaded DBAN and selected WIPE in there, as format didn't help me before. So, it always crashes at 10% and even when I go to BIOS menu and select that it would disable booting from CD DVD it still shows me
"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" even when I insert XP or Vista CD it shows that. It doesn't show it with DBAN disk..
How do I repair my computer? Please I need a quick help. How do I make fresh install of VISTA then?

I apologize because of my grammar mistakes. English is not my first language !

DBAN can damage a hard drive so that it can't be used any more. It is for preparing a machine for disposal or for transfer to another person. It is used to destroy any contents. Nothing but the Windows disk is need to clear the drive before installing.

You need to boot from CD or DVD in order to install Windows. Vista comes on a DVD, so if your drive is not a DVD drive, you can't install Vista.

Is the XP disk bootable? Where did it come from?

wxsx

I had XP and an other XP and lots of trash in my computer, I wanted to get rid of everything, but yeah..
How can I make the clear installation ? Am I really doomed now? How do I boot on PC?
I've used Mac whole my life, so I do need lots of help from PC users.
I had the original XP home and VISTA, but when we were moving they got harmed, so I downloaded new ones from the pirate bay.
Can't I install Vista somehow?

It doesn't boot at al. When I turn on my computer it only shows GeForce… Copyright and computer's name and then
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Boot From CD :
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online