1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help me install!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tyrax88, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tyrax88

Tyrax88 Thread Starter

Okay, whenever I try to run an exe., particularly setups for installing games, I get this error message. "E:\Setup.exe
    only part of a readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory request was completed."

Anyone know how to fix this? please reply soon.

:confused: , Thanks

2. Seb7

Seb7

This is an internal system error 299. After doing a little research for you, I think either one of two things. Either you have faulty RAM, or corrupt Windows file or files. When the error appears, is there any other information? Does it say which .exe file caused the error?

If changing the RAM does not fix this, you are most likely need to run the restore CD. If it is possible to find which file is corrupt, you might be lucky, and be able to replace that file.

- Seb

3. Tyrax88

Tyrax88 Thread Starter

4. Tyrax88

Tyrax88 Thread Starter

5. Seb7

Seb7

I've just come accross this utiltity which tests to see if you have faulty RAM, click here > (http://www.memtest86.com/#download1)

How? - Finding which file? If the error doesnt tell you, might be impossible. Maybe try using the task manager, or download process viewer like this one (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml). This site has other utilities that might help you in tracing where the fault is, but were probably talking serious technical stuff here.

If the memory checker doesnt find anything, just find the Windows restore CD which came with the PC, put it in the drive and reboot your machine, it will then give you options on restalling Windows.

- Seb

6. Tyrax88

Tyrax88 Thread Starter

Which link do I need to click on to check the ram? there are a few.

7. Seb7

Seb7

8. Tyrax88

Tyrax88 Thread Starter

well, I tried, but it didn't work, any other ideas out there?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice