1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help Me Make Up My Mind

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by jillian2, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jillian2

jillian2 Thread Starter

I want another browser and have narrowed it down to two. MyIE2 (Maxthon) and Avant Browser. Which one is faster ? Which one should I choose ? Your input would be greatly appreciated.Also, what about Netcaptor ?

Thanks,
    Jillian :confused:

2. Filewasp

Filewasp

Firefox is popular now: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    It has a nice look and is seems faster to me than IE6 although that may be my imagination.

I wouldn't load the extras attached to the download.

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I agree with Filewasp,give firefox a try, it downloads very quickly,I think you will like it,its very simple to use ........

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Make that 3 for Firefox. (y)

5. jillian2

jillian2 Thread Starter

Guys , I just don't like Firefox, Mozilla, nor Netscape. I have had these. They are all slow on start-up. I want something unrelated to these. I had Avant , but deleted it. Now I have discovered MyIE2 and so, my decision is either Avant Browser or MYIE2. But don't know which one of the two is faster. I want a really fast browser. Definitely Not Opera. Don't like it at all.

Thanks,
    Jillian

6. brindle

brindle

Why not just install both of them? Play with them for a month then decide which you want to keep. Easy, right?
    Opera all the way!

7. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

If you think firefox is slow you have a problem somewhere .....Its just as fast as Internet Explorer 6 on my computer,both are instantaneous ........

8. Big-K

Big-K

Personally, I do like firefox better than them in terms of when its actually running, but its true that when it starts up it can be pretty slow. Even on a computer with 512 ram, win XP(which is considered about the norm methinks) its pretty slow starting. IE on the other hand really does have just as few features as firefox and yet loads faster in my experiences. I do like firefox better, but it really isnt amazingly faster.

9. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

In my case, Firefox is just about instantanious to load and surf while IE is much slower. I have had issues with IE and they probably aren't totally resolved, though. I only use IE for sites Firefox doesn't like (some free on-line scans) and updates.

Carolyn

10. websurfer

websurfer

Sorry to say, Opera is the fastest, and FF is right behind it. You won't get the fastest going with any IE based browser, but between the two (they are both terrible choices, but to each his own), get Avant ;)

11. Schnitzu

Schnitzu

I vouch for MyIE2. I've tried all the others, but I always come back to MyIE2. Avant Browser is very similar to MyIE2, so to pick between the two is probably just a matter of preference.

12. GRudger

GRudger

Crazybrowser wraparound for IE6

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice