1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help me regarding the share

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by vschitturi, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vschitturi

vschitturi Thread Starter

Hi,

In windows when we create share folder and when we access we can see the folders and in other case when we access from linux also we can see the shared folders like that can we see the shared folder in windows from linux using the command prompt?

Awaiting for the reply.

Thank you for your valauble time.

2. flan_suse

flan_suse

Do you mean that you want to share a folder on the Linux computer that can be accessed by the Windows computer?

3. vschitturi

yes flan,

could you please help me on that ?

4. vschitturi

flan,

i hope you have an idea in windows we can share the folder in which when we access the system we can see the shared folders like that how can we share in linux ?

5. flan_suse

flan_suse

Which distribution of Linux is this, first of all? Ubuntu, openSUSE, Fedora, Linux Mint, something else?

Please don't take any offense to this, and I mean it sincerely, but it's difficult to read your posts. I find myself reading and then re-reading what you type out, since I am not sure if I understood you correctly. Separate ideas and sentences with periods or commas. Just try to be as clear as possible.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!