1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PLEASE help me with word!!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ashamuttb, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashamuttb

ashamuttb Thread Starter

:confused: i have some questions about Word and fonts.... :confused:

(i run on XPpro)1.how do i take fonts out of my font folder(under control panel)and put them into word???(i just bought 15,000 fonts off of ebay and i need to know how to do this)

and ...2. my fonts folder(under control panel) lists 590 fonts but my Words font drop down menu only lists about 330 or so ...WHY???

and...3. i want to buy Microsoft Works Suite 2004 -CD or DVD ....whats the difference between regular and OEM versions???

and ....4.where can i take a good Word course ....do i need to go to school or is there one over the web?

this is my first time posting so i hope i obeyed all of the rules....not too many questions that is ... if so ..i apologize :eek: :confused:

EDIT: i run on XP pro and I think it is woord 2000 ? (husband did all of the instaling)also i got a reply from someone that says....

Word will pick the fonts installed in the fonts directory. You can see the installed fonts in control panel

If you have new fonts to install - clicking the file menu in the control panel - fonts folder wiil give you the install new font option

You can see less fonts because some of them will be bold and italic versions which you select by the italic/bold icons in word

Regular version is what you would buy - OEM is for computer manufacturers to supply with a new PC

Haven't seen any web course for word - but there are some good books - see MSPress and/or Amazon.com

2. Fish-Cross

Fish-Cross

All you should have to do is copy them into the font folder.

3. ashamuttb

ashamuttb Thread Starter

???? i dont understand your response.... my font folder has 590 fonts in it..... but.....they dont all show up on Word .....

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Use Fonts under Control Panel.

Under the Fonts folder, use File - Install

You have to Install the font to use the font.

Probably.

As you did not bother to mention what version of Word, its not unusual to get a response you don't understand?

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    >>whats the difference between regular and OEM versions
    OEMs are cheaper, but you don't get any support for them. (you can use TSG tho)

>>where can i take a good Word course
    Depends how much you want to learn. Go to Google and do a search for this, exactly as typed below:

"free tutorial" microsoft word

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice