New Please Help Me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kjvue5

I really need help!! My family's acer desktop computer got a virus from a Internet browser called chromatic and cause the computer to do random pop ups. We have McAfee viris detector but it didn't catch this for about a year. We didn't have problems with pop ups until 3/3/16, last Friday. My mom and I have been trying to do everything to get rid of chromatic and the pop ups. We got rid of chrome and used some Microsoft Web that claims to be safer and faster then chrome. The website still caught the pop ups and didn't block it. We deleted the file for chromatic but the app still pops up every time we log in to my mom's account. We didn't know what else to do so we reseted without deleting the files. The 3 year old acer computer has been on the 'preparing' screen for over 12 hours and I don't know what to do now. Please help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online