1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help me

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lincoln-Imp, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lincoln-Imp

Lincoln-Imp Thread Starter

I have got a Matshita DVD-ROM SR 8585F and i have recently got windows xp and now it wont work. It wont open any games or music, When i right click the drive and go on volumes it has al the music songs listed or the name of the game and it says onm the hardware tab it is working fine, it searched for new drivers but didnt find any, what can i do to get it to work?

2. pronute

pronute

What connector on the IDE cable are you using.
    The one on the end is master set the drive to master.
    The one below that is slave set the drive to slave.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    try going into Device Manager and remove and then reboot. Xp should reinstall teh drivers and it might be all thats needed.

4. zeddy

zeddy

If you did not change any hardware when you upgraded then try Triple6's suggestion first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice