1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by An Army of 1, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. An Army of 1

An Army of 1 Thread Starter

Hey, i need help. Can someone please tell me how to completely erase my Internet History, so it is unrecoverable? Please help!

2. Dan O

Dan O

If you delete History and Internet cache using Tools/Internet Options and empty the Recycle Bin it pretty much gone, except the authorities using phenetic software.

Why do you need to clean up so much?

3. An Army of 1

i need to delete everything, because i dont want to get fired. I really need help in deleting my history beyind recovery. Please help

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

went someplace you don't want someone to see, huh.

you probably shouldn't go to those sites at work. :cool: .

5. Dan O

Dan O

I agree with Bearone2 and the company's firewall also will have a record of your surfing. You should delete History, Cookies, and Internet File Cache and them Defrag the hard drive.

6. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

my company gets real upset if anyone does diskcleanup or defrag on the network.

7. An Army of 1

how do i defrag my hard drive? andif i do, will anything be deleted off my comp other than net history?

8. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

is this a company computer or are mom/dad/girlfriend the problem?

start/accessories/system tools/defrag.

defrag puts the programs back together after they've been used over and over, getting fragmented.

temp/temp internet/offline/downloaded programs will be removed with diskcleanup. it'll leave cookies from all the sites you visited.
    cookies can be removed at the click of the mouse.

9. An Army of 1

ok ok, its not a company comp, its my dads and i need all the help i can get, because my comp has spyware on it (i could delete myself using hjt but hes afraid ill mess it up) and hes gonna have the guy look at the history.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice