Please help me !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kafjeem

Every time I start my computer this error message appears : "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually."

You might want to consider just uninstalling Windows Defender.
I believe in XP , it is listed in ADD-REMOVE. {Start > Control panel > add remove}
It is nothing but a anti-spyware program from Microsoft, and there could be several reasons for the error.
If still a problem , Go to start>>click search>>>type in windows defender and delete any files left.
>f

All you need to do is download and reinstall Defender. It is a goofy message that means your version is no longer supported ( no idea why it could not just say that, but what should we expect from a system that has you press start to turn off?))

Not a fan of MS anti-spyware , so I would delete-- BUT , you are correct ,if you want the app, simply reinstalling will work (y) >f

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts