Please help me....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim2002

When I turn on my computer a box comes up and say's "Cannot import C:/WINDOWS/sp.dll:Error accessing the registry". What does that mean and how do I get rid of it?

Bryan

Bryan
If you read <a href=http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57588&highlight=sp.dll>this</a> thread and jump down to the post by HKEd you find your answer.

Basically do this,

Start>Run, key in msconfig and press enter. Click on the Startup tab. Locate the entry that reads "sp" and remove the checkmark next to it. Click on Apply and follow the prompts to restart. Once Windows has restarted do this,

Start>Find>Files, key in sp.dll and press enter. When it's found, right click on it and select Delete. Leave it in the RecycleBin for a few days.

Restart Windows and you should be fine.

Let us know what happens.

I agree with Bryan. This file is not necessary to run Windows. My system doesn't have it and runs fine.

:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online