1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help me!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ginakai, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ginakai

ginakai Thread Starter

I have been using windows 7 for a while, sadly I am stuck on a dutch version living in belgium (I speak english) within the last week the pc has started chiming, like church bells every hr on the hr and every 3-4 minutes in between.

I do NOT know what to do nor how to stop it.

I already went through the sound spec stuff and disabled every thing under the sun an it continues... someone please help me.

2. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

Hi Ginakai,

Last week I had resolved this kind of issue for one of my customers. Looks like a adware that keeps getting activated every hour. Download, install and run Malwarebytes from the following link: http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ Fix all detected items. All the best!

3. ginakai

ginakai Thread Starter

I downloaded it and performed a quickscan so far, it found nothing. Am doing the full scan now. My fear is.. what if it finds nothing.. then what do IO do? Reformatting is not an option, the pc came with it installed on at the store when I got it and its in dutch. I also have programs on here without installs for as the discs got well.. cd's rather just finally wore out (hey it happens)

A utterly hoping this works though because it is driving me up a freaking wall. Now the chiming is happening at the oddest ties.. sometimes every 4 minutes, sometimes every 50 minutes.. and sometimes everty 2-3 hours. I have no idea why or whats triggering it. If I could figure it out I might be able to find the source but.. good luck to that.

Once more I am trying the full scan and hoping it works.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What's in Dutch? The store? That doesn't even make sense. You knew enough Dutch to buy the computer. You must know enough Dutch to get a restore disk. You can't reinstall Windows without a restore disk or partition. And the key for the computer works only for that version of Windows. If it's for a Dutch version, then that's all it's licensed for.

I've honestly never heard of a program disk "wearing out". How many times have you reinstalled programs for that to happen? To get replacements, you'd need proof of purchase, and I'm going to take a guess that you don't have receipts either. Program disks and data files are very important things that need to be backed up and/or protected. I keep all my program disks in actual CD/DVD cases, and ones that I've had for 10 years still work just as well today as the day I bought them.

System crashes, hard drive failures, etc. are part of owning a computer. They do happen. You need to be prepared.

5. ginakai

ginakai Thread Starter

My husband is dutch I am american. I live in belgium. The pc didnt come with a language pack option its OEM meaning I am stuck with it in dutch. I've had the pc about 6-8 months now. And nin the last few weeks this chime has started, it sounds like church bells as I said.

I tried the malware idea as well a one from microsoft and neither found any anamolies. So maybe it isn't malware. I also tried adaware from lavasoft and a registry check as well and sti nothing is coming up. I only run a few things on the pc, things I always have so I don't know what could be doing it.

I an respect the fact you need disks for things, but lets just say accidents happened in the moving process which have me annoyed to no end. My box took a swan dive and several disks got damaged. (grr cd's lol)

I just want the freaking chime to stop and no one knows what is causing it.

6. antech

antech Banned

Follow the below Instructions Carefully:
    1. Download Hijack This from the link in my signature.
    (Choose the installer of HJT—Hijack This)
    2. Run a Scan.
    DO NOT FIX ANYTHING BY YOURSELF.
    (Doing so when NOT Instructed Might cause Unwanted System Instability, BSOD's and Even Render your System Unusable)
    3. Save a Log file (On your Desktop)
    4. Copy and Paste all the contents.

5. Paste them in the Reply Window.

I am NOT an Authorized Malware Remover.

The Log is requested by me only for Optimization Purposes, troubleshooting and removing applications that are causing various problems such as Crashing, BSOD’s and Freezing and helping the poster remove any incompatible application/program and driver.

I will therefore NOT help if anything related to Malware is found in your log.

The thread will then moved to the Malware Removal Forums for expertize assistance.

Is it OK now doublehelix?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice