1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help - missing internet explorer icon (desktop)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by geta1984, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geta1984

geta1984 Thread Starter

the IE icon that's normally on my desktop is gone.

the "icon" and words are there, but its a default windows icon becuz it cant find the right one.

awhile ago i installed sumthing called style xp that gives all these cool themes to xp....once i deleted the program, and one of the themes, the icon was gone.

in my start menu, the regular icon is present. justnot on the desktop.

i believe this problem is related to the themes thing becuz when i copy/create a shortcut to the ie icon on the desktop, the shortcut uses the same default (wrong) icon. when i riteclik on the shortcut + go 2 properties, and try to change icon, a msg instantly pops up and sez "windows cant find 'the path to "internet explorer.ico" that lies in an old deleted theme folder .

thanks for reading.....please help me, the computer is not mine :(

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

This icon should be in C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quicklaunch.

3. geta1984

geta1984 Thread Starter

but how do i get the original ie 'button' to realize the normal location ofthe icon.....with a shortct, u can click 'change icon'....u cant do hat with the original.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice