1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help!!! My Computer Wont Work!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joshchoma, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joshchoma

joshchoma Thread Starter

Hi...anyone out there who can please help on this problem email me right away at [email protected] please...thanx.......I have a Tiny brand computer...one day while using it the computer shut down by itself and now it wont turn back on...i know most pc's have a power switch on the back on the tower but mine doesn't....it has a power button and a reset button on the front....when i try to turn my computer on normaly now the power light on my monitor goes from a green to a yellow and doesnt turn on and the computer sits there trying to read from various drive [my cd roms, floppy, hdd] and then gives up and just sits there with the monitor off and no lights blinking....from here if i unplug the master power cord from the back and plug it back in the monitor will work and the computer will act as if it is booting up but get stuck at the windows screen or the logo scrren or the little promt like screen....and the hdd light stops blinking and if i leave it alon for long enough the computer will go back to having the monitior off and no lights blinking....now...ive tried a couple of things...i put cds and floppys in the drives while trying to boot up both ways ive mentioned and nothing worked....ive opened my computer to look at it while it tries to boot up and nothing seems wrong...all the fans work and there was a bit of dust but i blew it all off...now the day this happened i turned it on in the morning, went on the internet then closed everything and just shut my monitor off like aways....when i got home and started doing stuff thats when the comp shut down by itself and everything went wrong....ive even tried to puta windows xp cd in the drvie to boot from it and try installing a new os but nothing worked...please help!!! my email is [email protected] ...thank you...

2. KHAYMAN

KHAYMAN

Hi,
    Will the pc boot up if you disconnect the monitor completely? or have you tried another monitor?

3. peterhmk

peterhmk

Hi

you say "now the day this happened i turned it on in the morning, went on the internet then closed everything and just shut my monitor off like aways....when i got home and started doing stuff thats when the comp shut down by itself and everything went wrong...."

what "stuff" were you doing?

Regards

Peter

4. eaglee1

eaglee1

Have you tried reseating everything. Or maybe try a new ribbon cable. Is the computer plugged into a surge protector? If not your power supp or proc could have fried. That's all the ideas I have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/86555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice