1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help my dell inspiron laptop wont turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by consent, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. consent

consent Thread Starter

was using my laptop the other night when in bed and had it on my quilt cover. all of a sudden the whole thing just turned off and when i tried to turn it back on again there was no power goin to it at all no lights nothing. so i took the battery out of it and tried and power lead and then put them back in and tried to turn it on again and nothing happened. it is a windows vista. also when i have the lead plug into the socket and not the laptop the blue light will come on the lead but when i go to plug it into the laptop the blue light turns off.. please any help is greatly appreciated

2. consent

consent Thread Starter

if you need any more info or anything just ask..... i dont no what to put on this.....

3. arknorth

arknorth

Can you give us the exact model of the laptop - also, does the power pack (that brick you plug it into to charge it) have a light on it to say that it is working (some model don't have this light). Also, how OLD is the laptop?

A-N

4. consent

consent Thread Starter

on that brick when you plucg it into a socket it goes blue and would stay on before when i plugged it into the laptop but since the laptop broke anytime i go to plug it into the laptop the blue light goes off the laptop is just over a year old. its a Dell Inspiron 15 (1545)

5. consent

consent Thread Starter

6. arknorth

arknorth

When you unplug the brick from the laptop, does the blue light come back on?

Also (and this might sound strange) does the laptop give off any slightly pungent oder near where the jack plugs in?

A-N

7. consent

consent Thread Starter

no i have to unplud it from the mains and then if i plug it back into the mains it will turn back on... there is no smell from the lap top at all

8. arknorth

arknorth

Okay - I just replied to your private message.

A-N

9. consent

consent Thread Starter

Thank you Arknorth

10. lhorwinkle

lhorwinkle

Dell Inspiron won't turn on?
    That's its way of telling you to buy a better PC.

We've had three Inspirons here. Junk. Junk. And junk.

We replaced those with 2 HPs. So far, so good.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice