1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help my WLAN button wont flash up

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ernestalex, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernestalex

ernestalex Thread Starter

Heres the problem i reinstalled xp. When I did this I couldnt get any sound so I went on hp website installed all drivers for sound problem solved. Then my wlan button wasnt going on like it normally does so i installed all wireless hp assistant and drivers for it. Now it keeps on saying wlan disabled but I cant get it to enable wireless, the button wont flash up like it used to when I pressed it. All i need to do is to get the button to flash up like it used to do as soon as I press it? Does anyone know how to do this? My laptop is the compaq persario v5000 if that helps Also this is the website with all the drivers for my laptop just let me know if i should download any of these to fix it http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...499847&lang=en. Thanks for your time

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have installed the driver for the wireless adapter and other chipset drivers, right? And you go into Network Connections, right-click on the wireless connection and choose 'enable' but it stays at disabled? Plus you cannot switch the wireless on?

If the above equals three 'yes' answers, I think the wireless adapter has failed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/557658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice