1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help! Network adapter error.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by squigglylines, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squigglylines

squigglylines Thread Starter

I did something i've done before, the rare times my internet has refused to connect...i went to System and uninstalled the network adapter, so that when i rebooted my computer it would install itself and start working again. Except, this time... it says there is an error. :/

The network adapter is VIA PCI 10/100Mb Ethernet Adapter #4
    and when i try to install it, it says:

"An error occured during the installation of the device. The system cannot find the file specified."

I've tried uninstalling and rebooting about three times now, and it happens each time. Not sure what else i could do... i looked up the network adapter on google and found a website where apparently i can download the adapter, but i don't know if that is the right thing to do and i'm afraid of messing it up even more, heh. This is the website: http://www.soft32.com/download_182790.html

Thanks in advance~ :/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice