1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help new pc build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djeuro1981, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djeuro1981

djeuro1981 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

OK just finished building a new system about 6 hours ago,

Cpu: Amd 6core fx6500
    graphics: sapphire 7850 of edition 2gb
    ram: ddr3 1600mhz 8gb
    hdd: wd blue caviar 1tb
    motherboard: asrock 970 extreme 3
    psu: antec 500w

OK problem I have is that computer boots up perfect but when I shut it down and try turn back on I get no image on screen, how I fix the problem is turn the psu off at the switch on the unit then turn it of then back on again then the image appears???? I'm confused as hell

I have checked cabling and re seated the ram and re seated graphics card I have honestly ran out of ideas???

Please help

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, first of all you need to accurately post your specs. There is no fx 6500; there is a 6500 however it is not a fx; it is an A8. Occasionally amd will release chips for evaluation with odd part# If you have one of these, please post the exact cpu with the part#

Next issue; antec pw supply. Antecs are ok for a basic build ie onboard video, running office, etc. They are not recommended for gaming. The exception would the the high current line; that is fine for gaming.

Next when you post your specs; post the exact part. If possible post links to your parts. As an example, 8gig of ram does not really tell us much; 2x4gig of corsair zzz123 tells us a LOT more.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing your graphics card is actually a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2 GB - which is a dual-width, dual-fan model.

I couldn't find its recommended power supply requirements, but it's my guess your Antec 500W power supply can't handle it.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice