1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PLEASE HELP "No Internet Access" & Default Gateway Is Missing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by emDOHO, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emDOHO

emDOHO Thread Starter

hi,
    i have a pocket wifi which allows you to connect up to five devices. my mum, sister and my phone can access it no problems but my laptop wont work.
    what will happen is :
    - it connects automatically to the wifi
    - but it has a little error mark on it
    - and it says theres no internet access.:mad:
    ive tried everything, ive ran several windows network diagnostics and it says the problem is the default gateway being unavailable. PLEASE HELP ME ! :)

2. makdu

makdu

check your TCP/IP config. Is that enabled for Dynamic IP

3. emDOHO

emDOHO Thread Starter

ive gone to the "command prompt" and typed in ipconfig which came up with a number for default gateway such as 128.123.1.104 (thats not mine) and then i went to another website which showed me where to enter this code, it said to put it in and reboot my laptop so i entered it pressed okay and restarted my laptop, nothing changed. ive looked for days on different forum sites and found nothing, do you have anything else that could help me ?
    please&thankyou :)

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

5. mucker2010

mucker2010

There are so many things wrong with this sentence. You say you have 128.123.1.104 in the gateway but you check another site for these details (how can u check another site with no internet access? i assume you did this on another PC but you need to be clear about it) then this site told you where to enter this code? which you did. What did you type into it? Please be more clear.

how do you know 128.123.1.104 is not your gateway? If you do know it is wrong then what should it be?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice