1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help (Password)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lollypop, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lollypop

Lollypop Thread Starter

Hi everyone, sorry to bother you all but.......My daughter decided she wanted to put a password on her computer today (only put the computer in her room yesterday) it is her computer so she is the administrator only the password she said she put in isn't working the password was her name, so I have tried putting it in in diffrent ways but still no joy. Is there a way of getting around it? She is using XP and the computer was given to her by a friend with no discs or anything so I don't have the windows disc to reinstall, my father does have a windows disc but would it be ok for me to use it as you have to register it with windows? Thank you for reading and sorry it goes on a bit.:confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please see the TSG Rules, we no longer provide any help with lost passwords or getting around password protection. Obviously, we can't determine the real intent here, so our policy is to abstain from any assistance in these matters.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice