1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help Pc keeps crashing while gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nsane, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsane

nsane Thread Starter

Hi all, I'm new and most likely have posted this in wrong section, my bad.

I built a gaming rig a few months ago, it was my first time. Every time I play games like blops, MW2 & 3 BF2 game crashes, I play blops a lot so it does it quite often. When I play blops its fine for about 5-10mins sometimes longer and my screen goes into safe power mode then sometimes comes back on which is fine (kinda use to it) and other times it just goes black and all I see is the mouse icon which I cant move at all. Tried doing ctrl+alt+del nothing only way out is hard reset.

What I have tried so far, changed gpu to see if it was faulty did the same thing, reformatted ssd which I run windows off same thing, so I tried installing windows off both my other drives did the same thing.

I dont know what else to do and its really starting to get annoying. I have taken it to a pc shop where they looked at it and it did the same thing to them, they do not know what the cause is.

My rig specs are:
    CPU: i7 960
    MOBO : Rampage III Black Edition
    RAM: Corsair Dominator 12g
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 590
    Hard Drives: OCZ SSD 120g running Windows 7 64bit. 600gb Raptor for games, 1tb Barracuda for movies etc
    PSU: Thermaltake Touchpower 1500w
    MONITOR: Alienware AW2310

On my CPU I have put a Thermalright Venomous heatsink on it.. All GPU drivers are up to date.

Also whenever I play games I run MSI Afterburner and put the fan speed up to 70%, and CPUID HWMonitor and whenever I minimize screen to view temps etc. its all normal. Only time I cant view it of coarse is when it crashes.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like overheating or underpowering. What size PSU do you have?

3. nsane

nsane Thread Starter

Hey thanks for getting back to me. I have post my rig details in my first post. I'm running 1500w power supply as mentioned. If it is overheating, how can that be fixed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice