1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{PLEASE HELP!} Physical Memory Dump + Blue Screen Of Death + "Blow Up" Screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Superstition, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Superstition

Superstition Thread Starter

Okay so I've been running a Windows Vista since 2008 and all was fine until around Summer 2010. I came home, was told to update McAfee, so I did. Upon that update, my screen began to "blow up" into a popcorn type screen, and if audio were to be playing it would freeze the audio in the sound, a repeated sound.​

So I uninstalled McAfee and it seemed to solve the problem. But playing YouTube would cause it to go boom again. So after about a year, I contacted DELL who seemed to fix the issue by updating my graphics card. The issue was fixed for a good 24 hours and now it does it again.​

Expect the popcorn/repeating sound lasts for a minute, and then goes to the BSOD and gives me Physical Memory Dump and counts to 100%. It does this if I play a YouTube video, go to a flash site, etc. Sometimes it'll just do it cause it can. Also, I cannot log onto my computer before 11AM or it "blows up" automatically.​

I usually run: Internet Explorer, MSN Windows Live Messenger, iTunes, Adobe Photoshop CS2, and sometimes Microsoft Word. I have considered updating to Windows 7 to see if it fixes the issue. I have 4GB Memory, and someone else from Dell said a memory upgrade would do. But I am so lost at what to do, and don't have the money to lavishly spend on fixing the computer. I have pictures of the popcorn screen and have turned off the automatic restart.

Also, my computer told me this morning it had an issue for lisencing and I feel the like blow ups are killing my computer, and my Internet connection​

Can anyone help me fix my computer before it's too late!?​

2. Superstition

Also do you think it's mainly memory I need or do I update to Windows 7 and see if issues resolve itself?

3. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

Is your PC newer? 2 yrs old or over?

4. Superstition

I got it in November 2008, issue did not arise until Summer 2010 when it told me to update McAfee.

5. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

Okay....Well my thing is McAfee destroys any programs or files it (THINKS) is infected without asking....Therefore it probably thought something was infected like Sys32 or other important files

I'm Learning to be a programmer.

6. Superstition

Well I thought it was my graphics card since I can't do YouTube or anything. And couldn't use Photoshop for the longest time. So DELL updated the card, and the issue was fixed for 24 hours. Now I'm back to not being able to log on prior to 11AM and no YouTube or flash and can barely do anything. I feel like my computer is slowly dying.

7. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

Yes, Update you computer...I didnt see your comment asking If you should...You should always update it keeps you protected more.

8. Superstition

I've always done the updates Windows says to use, but nothing works. So I'm thinking maybe going to Windows 7 and uninstalling Windows Vista works better. if not, I wasted tons of money.

9. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

Another thing is that they could have by accident gave you corrupted card....I'm not a 100% because im not a pro.....So all i can think of is wait for someone more qualified

10. Superstition

I may not have time to wait. My computer may not start up tomorrow so I hope someone looks who's qualified. I've been waiting for hours.

11. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

Ive been waiting for half a day on my pc problems i cant download updates or anything, No one seems to know whats wrong......NSIS ERROR LAUNCHING INSTALLER

12. Superstition

Try dealing for a YEAR.

13. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

I've been dealing with it for 2 yrs n a half my Visa is so behind on updates

14. Superstition

I wish the site would help me. My computer was fine until McAfee updated. I'm so sad.

15. SoulAssassin4437

SoulAssassin4437

um by agreeing by terms it said this is a Family friendly website no Profanity

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!