1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help! Question about specific computer skills

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Verbal_Kint, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbal_Kint

Verbal_Kint Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am applying for an entry level position with a company, and have a question about one of their computer skill requirements ...

"We require knowledge and experience in browsing the Internet using Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer along with the ability to work on Windows and Media Access Control address platforms"

I have read up on MAC addresses, but cannot find much detail on what would be expected of me in this situation. Can anyone explain how one would "work" with this? Also, is this something I can teach myself or learn in a reasonable amount of time? Any resources that would be useful? Finally, do they mean Windows platform and MAC platform, or some type of Windows/MAC platform?

I am computer literate, but appreciate the use of layman's terms when possible.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read this! (and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum)

2. N E Key

N E Key

3. ace_coffee

ace_coffee

Yikes, that seems like a very specific requirement for an entry level position. My guess is that they want you to be able to admin Windows systems on a LAN.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice