1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help re : ACER Aspire One - Happy 2DQuu No sound ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kbmummy11, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kbmummy11

kbmummy11 Thread Starter

:) Hi...
    I hope someone can help. I have an Acer Aspire One Happy netbook that was intended for my daughter - when I bought it (second hand) it had no sound, an 'x' over the volume icon in the system tray and when I hover the cursor above it, it states No Audio Output Device is installed.

According to the Device Manager in Control Panel, the driver is up to date yet there is a yellow exclamation mark next to Realtek HD Audio ... I updated the BIOS to latest version, thinking it may help. Well, it kinda does, as when I accidentally pressed a key while there, I heard an audible beep. I did it again, same....

Not being a total noob (Just mostly one :D) I have taken out the entire mobo, nothing LOOKS wrong, sound card is seated fine, I have disconnected and reconnected the audio cables etc. I really don't want to lose out here because this little netbook is much better than her old ZG5. I've never had problems with Acer or Realtek before, does anyone have any insight on this ? I was thinking maybe an IRQ conflict if I can hear beeps in BIOS ? Could I possibly somehow gain access to audio for the OS from wherever the BIOS gets it from ?

I really would be grateful for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1013 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 135115 MB, Free - 118263 MB; D: Total - 4094 MB, Free - 4046 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, JE02_PT
    Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The Bios beep means the sound hardware is probably ok and the problem is in Windows. Go to this Acer website and download and install the latest sound driver for that netbook :- http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

EDIT : does it have a separate sound card ? Just curious.

3. kbmummy11

kbmummy11 Thread Starter

Thankyou Allan,

That's what I thought - and hoped - the Realtek card is welded on, I'd have liked nothing more than to have just swapped it, the bad thing about mobile computing I guess :(

I shall look on the site now, pretty sure I'm UTD with the latest driver but will at this stage try anything :)

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    In this case I think it's a driver/software problem so even if you could swap the sound card I doubt it would help !

Sometimes the maker's drivers are specific to the model so it's worth trying (unless you already have the exact same driver).

5. kbmummy11

kbmummy11 Thread Starter

The driver from the Acer website has installed but sadly no change, I will report another problem though, present only since updating the BIOS. The netbook now makes a very audible constant click-click sound as though I gas a heartbeat ! Very weird indeed.

6. kbmummy11

kbmummy11 Thread Starter

It has*

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Is the driver you just tried an .EXE file ?

If it is try this. In Device Manager under 'Sound...' right-click the Realtek entry > Uninstall and tick the box for 'Delete driver files' > Ok
    Now in Control Panel > Programs and Features uninstall anything with Realtek and Audio/Sound etc in it's name.
    If asked to restart the computer do so.

Try installing the driver you downloaded again.

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Not sure what the clicking is, could be hard drive but let's try getting the sound working first.

9. kbmummy11

kbmummy11 Thread Starter

Hi, I did as you suggested, first I had to change all the TrustedInstaller privileges, etc, but it is still telling me 'no audio devices installed' in the System Tray, and the clicking resumed actually from the bottom right hand side, right from the speaker. Do you have an idea of what this means ? Are there any logs I could post to show the audio function (or lack of :) ?)

10. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    There should have been no need to mess about with Trusted Installer privileges.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, the stuff to delete in Programs and Features was only things with Realtek and the word Audio or Sound etc in the title, like 'Realtek Audio'.

Again, was the driver you download an EXE file ? Does Device Manager still look the same now after whatever you did ?

I have no idea what the clicking is about.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice