1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help...Rescue information on USB hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acko16, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acko16

acko16 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Please can someone help me.........so desperate
    I have a 320GB Iomega USB external Hard drive which i have been using to backup personal information, family photo's over the years and now I cannot access it.

Yesterday all seemed fine when using it although the wife had a slight problem when it seem to freeze on PC so restarted computer but now we cannot access USB hard drive. I have tried googling problem but cannoy find a solution as yet.

For your information to help me with is:-
    I plug the USB hard drive in and it is recognised on the Device Manager working OK, I also goto > Click Start, right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage.

Click the plus (+) sign next to Storage > Click Disk Management. and it does not have a drive letter but towards the bottom it is recognised as Disk 1 but has a Red arrow and underneath that it says "Not Initialized"??
    I have tried the hard drive on several Laptops but no joy, always doing same thing that it is rocognised but no drive letter.

Is there anyway I can retrieve the information as dont want to lose years of Family photo's without initializing the Hard drive as I will lose everything wont I???

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks
    acko

Attached Files:

2. acko16

acko16 Thread Starter

can no one help????

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice