1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help: Saving QuickTime audio file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by red553, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red553

red553 Thread Starter

Hi!

I'm having trouble saving a file I need for an experiment for school. When I click the link to the sound file, it loads a new page with the file and plays but there is no way for me to save it :( I emailed the TA about it but received a rude reply so I was hoping somebody here could help me. So I have 2 questions:

(1) If I bought QuickTime Pro 7 and used the "save as source" function, would this solve the problem? Does this allow me to save the file directly on my computer?

(2) Is there another way to solve this problem without buying QuickTime Pro 7?

I'd appreciate any help you could give me. I really need this file.

Edit: I should also add that viewing the source doesn't work and saving the webpage as .html and searching for the wave file results in a corupted file.

Thanks!

2. stantley

stantley

Hi, welcome to TSG.

You shouldn't need to buy QuickTime Pro, right-click on the link, select 'Save Target As' and download the file. If you use Firefox it's 'Save Link As'.

3. red553

red553 Thread Starter

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work here. When I try to do that I get an error message that says "Internet Explorer cannot download. No such interface supported." So I click the link and it loads in the frame.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice