PLEASE HELP?? sound driver type unknown....can't get speakers working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blueyez

There's no sound driver installed on my computer, but i do not know the name of the sound driver in my computer. I can't get the speakers set up and working no matter what i do. any suggestions???? thanks in advance.

blueyez

thank you for that second link. the first one, for some reason i never got the email with the link for the download, but thank you anyways for the info :) the second one worked just fine, and i'm assuming that if it says "no device detected" under the "multimedia" section then i probably do not have a sound card installed at all right???

Belarc won't be able to find it for the same reason the computer can't if the drivers are not loaded. Can you check the back of your computer and see if there is at least three small colored jack plugs in a row.

blueyez

like where you would plug in the speakers? the plug for the speakers is green...i can't remember exactly if there's three plugs in a row, i'm not in front of the computer at the moment, but there is a place to plug in the speakers.

is there a program to find out what kind of drivers i need?

or

would it be easier to just buy a new sound card????

dustyjay

Jay
Actually, if this is a home built computer the sound drivers are on a disc that came with the motherboard usually. If it is a "Big box" Dell, sony, Gateway, HP, etc...) computer you should be able to go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers for your model system.

blueyez

interesting. ok. well....i'll have to try this out when i can get ahold of the model of the computer. it's an older model, but is a gateway i believe...all the software we have says gateway on it and what not.....so hopefully they'll have it on their site. thanks for the suggestion

If its a sound card you will need to get some info from what is written on it in order to find drivers, if the sound is onboard the motherboard you will need the make and model of the motherboard. Take the side off the case and see what you can find out.

that everest home program you didn't get a a-mail for can be downloaded here.
without waiting foor a e-mail
http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

once installed run it open computer summary and post whats in motherboard name and also what in Audio Adapter (right click copy and paste back here)
it may even give you a link to download the driver if you left click it.

blueyez

well i'd like to thank everyone for the advice they gave me. we bought a new sound card just in case (seeing as it's only 12 bucks for a decent one with the discount we get) and installed it. there was a current sound card installed, but the one we got is much better so :) the sound is working just fine now!!! and once again THANK you all for the help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online