Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help to increase speed on Dial up

824 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr Dave 
#1 ·
Hi experts

I tried some comments of people and I did use some software but none was realy usefull. My speed is with dial up is something like 30to 33 and download is 2,5Kb/s .

Please if anybody with experience (I mean did prove it) and did increase speed of internet and download , Please inform me .

Thanks in advance

#5 ·
An initialization string is a series of AT(attention commands) commands strung together, that the modem uses for configuration.
Plenty of sites will have lists of INITs; look for your make of modem and try them out (Google).

in XP, you put the INIT -
Control Panel(classic view) - Phone and Modem Options - Modems (select modem) Properties - Advanced - Extra Initialization Commands

Try different strings, if it doesn't help, just remove.

Though as CouchMaster pointed out your ISP may be to blame - contact them about your query, if you strike out.

#7 ·
I am using a local ISP with the enhancement of "Artera." My connection speed is very slow compared to what is noted above- about 24-28,000bps - because I am on dial-up and many miles from the tel co. switching station. However, I browse at a very satisfactory speed when accessing most urls. Go to "www.arteraturbo.com" without the quotes. {redoak}

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.