Please Help!! Trouble On Startup!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jgc77

HI Everyone,

I have a:
-Pentium III
-667 MHz CPU
-512 MB of ram
-Windows XP
-ATI Radion 7000 Video card
-Linksys Ethernet card

Here is my problem: I shut the computer off last night before I went to sleep in the way that you are supposed to (START ---> SHUT DOWN ---> TURN OFF). Well, when I woke up this morning and tried turning the pc on, I kept getting the "Turn the PC on in Safe Mode" screen. At first, I chose "Start windows normally". The computer rebooted and it went right back to the same "start in safe mode" screen. So, I next picked "Use last working configuration". Once again, the computer rebooted and went right back to the same screen. I selected the other choices as well "Safe mode with networking" and the last one which I cant remember right now. I opened the pc and everything is seated correcty in the motherboard.

While I am thankful that I have a laptop to use, I really need to access my desktop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. What are the possible solutions to this problem? Has this happened to anyone before (I am sure it has)?

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Mark

You may want to re-install the XP over itself. Don't format the hard drive or you'll loose all your data. Just pop the CD in and follow the instructions and if I remember correctly, there's an option to do a repair installation or something like that. Try that one first and let us know how it goes.

Cory

jgc77

Well, here is the report:

I re-installed XP. Its like I have a whole new system. The only problem: I cant access/use any of the games/programs on my pc. I can see them on my c drive, but when I click on the icon, nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Mark :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online