1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help/video cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eclipse, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eclipse

eclipse Thread Starter

I need help finding out what kind of Video and Sound Card I have.
    Presario 5185, Windows 98. I wnat to download DX8.1 so I can play EQ, I have to update drivers but have no idea how to find them. Please help me stop the maddness.
    Thanks
    Eclipse

2. Monk_

Monk_

The place to start is Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Device Manager. Double click on Display Adapters for the video card and Sound,video and game controllers for the audio card. The make and model of the cards should be listed there. From there you can search the www using that info, or post back and someone here may be able to point you to the site you need.

3. eclipse

eclipse Thread Starter

Thank You Monk_, I will try this and see what I can get.

4. eclipse

eclipse Thread Starter

Ok, It says ESS SOLO 1-PCI Audio Drive. Can I just go to the resourses tab and use the update driver button or am I going to have to down load something? When I looked on the Net I did not understand. I am not very computer literate. Thanks for all help given
    Eclipse

5. Monk_

Monk_

I dont see that model listed on the ESS driver site. Maybe someone reading this post can help out.

6. brianF

brianF

7. Monk_

Monk_

Thanks Brian.

8. brianF

brianF

If your looking for directx8 drivers it looks like your out of luck. Your video is a sis530 and it doesn't look like either compaq or sis have dx8 drivers for it, latest at sis is dx7
    http://www.sis.com/support/driver/530.htm

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice